Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We Have an Announcement...

Now that I have gone to the doctor and have a confirmation, we would like to announce that we will be adding a member to the family in May…Yes friends, I’m Pregnant!!!

After 3 months of trying (this seems long to us since it happened on the first time with Mason), I found out that I was pregnant on Saturday, September 4.


Kacey and I decided to keep the news a secret from our family until that following Friday, my birthday. We knew that we would all be getting together for dinner and thought that would be the opportune time to announce the pregnancy.

Once our visitors arrived (my mom, brother and sister-in-law and Kacey’s mom, brother and his girlfriend), Kacey had everyone gather in the living room so that I could open gifts. After all of the gifts had been opened, Kacey told Mason to come with him because they had one more present for Mommy. He took Mason into our bedroom and put him in a shirt that I had bought him earlier that day.

Mason came running out of the bedroom and everyone quickly caught on to what his shirt said. As suspected, all were very excited about the news and there were even a few tears. Oh, and despite the look on Mason's face, he does seem to be pretty excited about the baby. This is just his "my mom had that camera out again" face.

We had our first doctor’s appointment today and had an ultrasound to see the heartbeat. The baby is strong and healthy with a very good heartbeat.

In case you are not an ultrasound pro, the baby is the small peanut in the middle of the small black oval. The large black spot is my very full bladder…

It was so comforting to see that little heartbeat today since there has just been too much “bad” going on in our lives. I feel like we can now relax and enjoy what is to come. We are all very excited and can’t wait for this little one to join our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment