Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jail?

A few weeks ago, Mason and I had a discussion about jail. This came about due to the fact that he sometimes finds it cute to run away from my Mom. I have tried to convince him that it was in fact not cute, but dangerous to do this. The only way I could get him to realize or think it was a bad thing was to tell him that the police would come get him and take him to jail if he did it again. In hindsight, this was probably not the best thing I have ever told him, but hey - it seems to be working. So don't judge... :)

However, this leads to a conversation that I just had with my Mom. She and Mason were playing in the backyard and she was pushing him on the swing. When she pushed him particularly high, he looked up towards the sky and said, "I'm swinging high, Papa!". This in turn lead to a discussion of how Papa and Uncle Big Bubba and Grandpa are all in Heaven and how they will always take care of and watch over Mason. And how does my kid respond?

"Yeah, Nannie...They watch over me and take care of me so I don't go to jail..."

Oh, great...What seed have I planted in that tiny little brain?!

1 comment:

  1. I used to tell my kids that the police would take Mommy to jail. They would have to live without me while I was in jail. I think it scared them more at the thought of me not being with them than them being in jail.

    ReplyDelete